* 2 cups mayonnaise, divided
* ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
* 2 (228 gram) bottles Spanish sardines in oil, drained
* 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
* 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
* 2 tsp pickle relish
* 1 ½ cups crushed cornflakes
* vegetable oil (to deep fry)
* green onion (to garnish)
1) Make the cream sweet chili dip: Combine 1 cup mayonnaise and sweet chili sauce in a bowl. Mix well and chill until ready to use.
2) Combine the sardines, celery, bell pepper, pickle relish and remaining mayonnaise in a bowl. Mix well until combined. Chill for 20 minutes.
3) Form mixture into 2-inch patties. Dip in beaten egg and coat with crusted cornflakes.
4) Heat up to 2 inches oil in a pan. Deep fry patties until golden. Drain on paper towels.
5) Serve immediately with creamy sweet-chili dip.