No Bake White Chocolate Pie
* 2 (250 mL) packs whipping cream, chilled
* 1 tsp flavorless gelatin
* 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
* ¼ cup butter, melted
* 1 ½ cups white chocolate, finely chopped
* salted caramel sauce (to serve)
1) Pour ¼ cup cream in a small saucepan. Sprinkle in gelatin. Set aside to bloom.
2) In a food processor, process cookies on High until finely crumbled. Pour in butter, and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand. Transfer to a springform pan. Using your fingers, pat down crumbs until even and packed. Chill until ready to fill.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, begin whisking the remaining chilled cream until soft peaks on medium speed.
4) Meanwhile, heat white chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds, then at 10-second intervals, until melted, stirring in between. Set aside until room temperature. Heat gelatin-cream mixture over low heat, swirling pan just until the gelatin melts. Stir into chocolate mixture. Set aside.
5) Increase speed of mixer to high speed if not yet at soft peaks. Reduce speed and gradually pour in chocolate mixture. Stir until just incorporated.
6) Pour mixture onto chilled crust. Level top and chill overnight or at least 4 hours. Slice and serve drizzled with salted caramel sauce.