Ube Macapuno Mochi Waffles
* ½ cup sugar
* ¼ cup butter, room temperature, plus extra for brushing
* 1 egg
* ½ cup fresh ube puree or bottled ube jam (ube halaya)
* 1 tsp ube extract
* ½ cup coconut milk
* 1 ¼ cup glutinous milk
* ½ tsp baking powder
* pinch of salt
* ½ cup bottled macapuno
1) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Mix in the egg, ube puree, ube extract and coconut milk and mix well until combined. (Note: If using ube jam or ube halaya, lessen the amount of sugar to ¼ cup only.) Set aside.
2) In a separate mixing bowl, combined the glutinous rice flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
3) Place the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and fold until just combined.
4) Brush a heated waffle mixture with butter. Spoon 1/3 cup of the batter and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until parts of the mochi waffle is golden brown.
5) Serve with macapuno.