Spicy Shrimp Linguine
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tsp bird’s eye chilies, chopped and divided
* ½ kilo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
* 1 medium white onion, minced
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 medium carrot
* 1 (400 gram) can stewed whole tomatoes
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 500 grams linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions
* green chilies, sliced (to garnish)
1) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic, chilies and shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
2) In the same pan, sauté onions, celery and carrots. Add canned tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes. Add shrimp back to the pan.
3) Season with salt and pepper. Pour over cooked pasta. Sprinkle with siling pangsigang before serving, if desired.