Pork and Beans with Crispy Bacon
* 8 bacon strips
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for frying
* ¼ cup chopped onion
* 2 tsp chopped garlic
* 2 cans baked beans (400 grams)
* 2 cans pork and beans (400 grams)
* 1 cup barbecue sauce (use Hunt’s Hickory)
1) Fry bacon strips until crisp. Drain and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a pot. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more.
3) Add baked beans, pork and beans and barbecue sauce. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4) Transfer pork and beans to a serving platter. Top with crispy bacon. Serve immediately.