“For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”
- Speaks about humility and serving others than being served.
“I know, O Lord, that a man’s life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.”
- No one is in control of his or her own life.
“A Spirit of Generosity”
2 Corinthians 9:7
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
- Give according to your heart’s content.
“Sharing My Faith”
“Again , I ask: Did Israel not understand? First, Moses says, I will make you envious by those who are not a nation. I will make you angry by a nation that has no understanding.”
- The Israelites were too stubborn to follow God.
“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.”
“The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy.”
- The Lord God is merciful to His people.
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.”
- God gives His people spiritual blessings
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into diverse temptations; knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.”
- God gives His people joy in midst of their difficulties.
“A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”
- God sticks closer to His people more than a brother
- God avenges His people.
- Do not stick to worldly teachings.
“Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.”
- The Lord favors those who fear Him and delights in their beauty.
1 Timothy 4:12
“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith ,in purity.”
- Be honest in everything that you do or say.
“A Mother’s Love”
“I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.”
- God strengthens His people.
“Freedom From Perfectionism”
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”
- God gives His people a fruitful life.
“When It’s Hard To Love”
1 John 4:12
“No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.”
- God’s love dwells in the hearts of those who love Him.
“Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus.”
- Nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.
“The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.”
- God hears and answers His people’sprayers.
“Fit For Life”
“I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are Thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from Thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being un-perfect; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.”
- God created us in the likeness of His image.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
- Train and discipline the child the way he should be.
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”
- God puts an end to all our sufferings.
“In the multitude of my thoughts within me, Thy comforts delight my soul.”
- God provides comfort for His people.
“The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the Lord, but the words of the pure are pleasant words.”
- God honors the words of those who are pure in heart.
“But God commandeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- God directs His love towards His people by giving His Only Begotten Son.
- Those who wait upon the Lord shall rise up as an eagle. God provides strength for the weak and weary people.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
“Charity suffereth long, and is kind, charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself un-seemingly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth.”
- God’s love has all these qualities.
“His lord said unto him; Well done, good and faithful servant ; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of the lord.”
- God rewards and blesses those who use their talents wisely.
1 Timothy 6:17
“Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy.”
- God gives His children heavenly riches to enjoy
“O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.”
- God is a marvelous God. He does wonderful things for His people.
Receiving God’s Mercy
“Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy loving kindness: according to the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly for mine iniquity and cleans me from my sins.”
- God is merciful to His people and washes all away their iniquities.
“The righteous shall also hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.”
- God strengthens those who persevere in doing good.
“Ask, and it shall be given you; rest, seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you.”
- God opens the door to His people and gives them more than what they have asked for.
“Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”
- God blesses those who keep peace within their household.
Aging With Grace
“The Lord will strengthen him up on the bed of languishing: Thou wilt make all his bed in sickness.”
- God sustains those who are sick.
“And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.”
- God guides and strengthens His people.
“In the light of the king’s countenance is life, and his favor is as a cloud of the latter rain.”
- God blesses others through our kindness.
The Superwoman Syndrome
Acquaint now thyself with Him and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Receive, I pray thee, the law from His mouth, and lay up His words in thine heart. If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shall put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles. Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks. Yea, the Almighty shall be they defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver. For then shalt thou have delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.”
- God delights in His people.
“When Thou saidst, ‘Seek ye My face’ , my heart said unto Thee, ‘Thy face, Lord, will I seek’.”
- God’s people shall seek His face.
“But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Jesus Christ.”
- God supplies all His people’s needs.
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is node made perfect in love.”
- God assures His people of His love towards them.
“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them; for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee, He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
- God never leaves nor forsakes His people.
“Freedom From Fear”
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.”
- God helps us when trouble comes.
“Be careful for nothing; but in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
- God provides for His people’s needs and gives them peace.
“Learning To Listen”
“A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.”
“He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth, and wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face shine, and bread which strengthen man’s heart.”
- God provides above and beyond our needs.
“But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy salvation. I will sing unto the Lord, because He hath dealt bountifully with me.”
- God brings joy to those who trust in Him.
“The Gift Of Hospitality”
“Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unaware.”
- Have the heart of hospitality by welcoming strangers and treating them as neighbors or brothers.
“And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.”
- God blesses and rewards us for our hospitality.
“Honour thy father and mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.”
- The Lord enriches the lives of those who honor their parents.
“The curse of the Lord is in the house of the wicked: but He blesseth the habitation of the just.”
- God blesses the house of those who are righteous and just.
“Beating The Blues”
“Lord, Thou hast heard the desire of the humble: Thou wilt prepare their heart, Thou wilt cause Thine ear to hear.”
- God hears the desires of the humble and listens to their pleas.
“For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.”
- God’s people will find joy in their hearts when they trust and obey Him.
“But this thing I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be My people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.”
- God blesses those who obey Him and walk His way.