Sinaing na Tanigue
* 3 steaks tanigue (Spanish mackerel), about 600 grams
* 3 cloves garlic
* 12 pcs dried kamias, available in wet markets
* ½ tbsp whole peppercorns
* 1 thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced into thin strips
* 1 green finger chili (siling pang sigang)
* 1 bird’s eye chili (siling labuyo), chopped – optional
* 1 cup coconut milk
* salt (to taste)
1) Place fish in a pot. Arrange garlic, kamias, peppercorns, ginger and chilies around fish.
2) Add coconut milk and season with salt to taste.
3) Cook over low heat until sauce thickens and fish is cooked, about 30 minutes.