* 3 cups cornflakes
* 1 tsp chili flakes
* ½ tsp ground black pepper
* vegetable oil (to deep fry)
* 30 to 40 frozen squid rings, thawed
* 2 eggs, beaten and seasoned with sea salt
* ¾ pack sour cream
* 3 tbsp mayonnaise
* 2 to 3 tbsp sriracha
* 1 tbsp honey
1) Pulse together cornflakes, chili flakes and pepper in a food processor until almost powdery; the finer , the better. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2) Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Dip squid rings in eggs then coat in a cornflake mixture. Deep fry in hot oil until golden. (Note: Make sure to bread each piece just before frying; do not bread all the rings in just one go.) Drain on a wire rack and set aside.
3) Make the sour cream and onion dip: Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days.
4) Make the honey-Sriracha dip: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Season with salt. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 5 days.
5) Serve calamari with sour cream-onion and honey-Sriracha dips.