Spinach Mushroom Dip
* 125 grams spinach leaves
* 2 to 3 tbsp butter
* 1 cup mushrooms
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* ½ cup cream cheese, softened
* 100 grams mozzarella cheese, diced
* crostini or crackers (to serve)
1) Blanch spinach leaves for 30 seconds or until bright green; immediately plunge in cold water. Place leaves on a clean kitchen towel , wring out liquid and chop finely; set aside.
2) Melt butter, be careful not to brown. Sauté sliced button mushrooms for 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
3) Pulse cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, chopped spinach leaves and sautéed mushrooms in a food processor until creamy. Adjust seasoning as needed. Refrigerate until ready to use. Before serving, microwave for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve with crostini or crackers.