Coconut Curry Noodles
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tsp ginger, grated
* 2 tbsp store bought green curry paste
* 1 (200 mL) pack coconut cream
* ½ cup chicken broth
* 1 cup cauliflower florets
* 1 tsp calamansi juice
* 1 tsp fish sauce
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 1 (200 gram) pack of 3 mm rice noodles, cooked according to package directions
* 1 small purple cabbage, sliced thinly, about 100 grams
* 1 small head cabbage, sliced thinly
* 1 small carrot, sliced into thin sticks
* 1 cup bean sprouts
* basil leaves (to garnish)
* cilantro leaves (to garnish)
* bird’s eye chilies (to serve)
1) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté onions until they turn golden. Add ginger and curry paste and sauté until fragrant. Add coconut cream, chicken broth and cauliflower and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
2) Add calamansi juice, fish sauce and sugar; mix well. Add carrots and let simmer for 2 minutes more.
3) Add cooked rice noodles, cabbages and bean sprouts; toss to combine.
4) Garnish with torn basil leaves and cilantro. Serve with chopped chili on the side.