Alimasag sa Hibe at Gata (Crab with Shrimp and Coconut Milk)
* 500 to 600 grams, about 3 pieces fresh spider crab (alimasag) , washed and cleaned
* 1 tbsp salt
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* ¼ cup dried shrimp (hibe)
* 2 tbsp white onions, chopped
*1 tbsp garlic, chopped
*2 tbsp ginger, sliced into thin strips
*1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
* 2 cups coconut milk
* 1 cup coconut cream
* salt and pepper (to taste)
*100 grams kangkong leaves
1) Place crabs in a pot; add salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil then simmer until crabs are cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Sauté hibe for 1 to 2 minutes. Add onions, garlic and ginger; sauté for 2 more minutes.
3) Add patis. Once patis starts to boil, add coconut milk and coconut cream. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add crabs. Allow crabs to simmer in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add kangkong leaves and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.