Sinanglay na Hasa-Hasa
* 8 whole, about 500 grams hasa-hasa (short bodied mackerel), gutted and cleaned
* salt (to taste)
* 1 bundle native pechay, blanched
* vegetable oil (to sauté)
* ½ tbsp turmeric, minced
* 1 medium red onion, minced
* ½ tbsp ginger, minced
* 3 medium red native tomatoes, seeded and diced
* ½ cup shrimp, peeled and chopped
* 1 cup coconut milk
* fish sauce (patis) and pepper (to taste)
* cherry tomatoes (to garnish)
1) Season fish with salt. Wrap each piece in pechay. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Sauté turmeric until oil turns yellow. Add onions, ginger, tomatoes and shrimp; sauté until cooked.
3) Add ½ cup water and coconut milk. Season with fish sauce and pepper to taste.
4) Add wrapped fish to the pan. Lower heat and simmer until cooked, about 20 minutes.
5) Garnish with cherry tomatoes.