Mocha Coffee Jelly
* 2 tsp instant coffee
* 2 cups hot water
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 3 tbsp unflavored gelatin
* 1 tsp instant coffee
* ½ cup hot water
* ½ cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
*2 tbsp butter
* 3 egg yolks
* ¼ cup sugar
* 1 ½ cup whipped cream
* ½ tsp coffee extract (optional)
1) Prepare the coffee jelly: Dissolve coffee in hot water. Add sugar and gelatin. Cook over medium heat until boiling. Pour into a 9-inch square pan . Cool then chill until set. Cut into cubes.
2) Prepare the mousse: Dissolve coffee in hot water. Set aside.
3) Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat and add butter and half of the coffee mixture. Blend well. Cool.
4) In a saucepan, whisk egg yolks and remaining coffee mixture. Cook over low heat for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add coffee extract.
5) Blend in the melted chocolate. Fold in the whipped cream.
6) To assemble: put cubed coffee jelly in dessert cups or glasses. Top with mocha mousse. Chill until set. Before serving, top with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings or cocoa powder.
Note: To shorten prep time, you can pour the coffee jelly mixture into the serving glasses and let it set there. Top with mousse and whipped cream.