Ube Banana Fried Burritos
* ½ (8-ounce) bar cream cheese, softened
* 2 tbsp coconut milk
* ½ cup ube halaya
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
* 5 saba bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
* oil (for deep frying)
1) Whisk together cream cheese, coconut milk, ube halaya and sugar in a bowl until well combined.
2) Lay a tortilla in a clean, flat surface. Place half a saba banana in the center. Top with 1 to 2 tablespoons ube mixture. Fold tortilla sides over and roll to seal. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3) Heat oil in a deep pan. Deep-fry chimichangas until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes.