Sweet and Sour Chicken
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* ½ cup cornstarch
* 1 kilo chicken breast, deboned
* 1 tbsp oil
* 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
* 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into big cubes
* 1 cup pineapple chunks , (juice reserved)
* 1 medium carrots, sliced into chunks
* 1 tsp soy sauce
* ½ cup ketchup
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Make the breading: Combine the salt, pepper, all purpose flour and cornstarch. Set aside.
2) Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture and fry until golden brown.
3) Drain excess oil and set aside.
4) In another pre-heated pan, sauté the onion, red bell pepper, pineapple chunks and carrots in oil.
5) Add the soy sauce and ketchup and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the juice from the pineapple and let it simmer again for 5 minutes.
6) Add the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the fried chicken pieces or serve separately in a dipping bowl.