Dark Chocolate Cheesecake
* 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
* ½ cup plus 2 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for grease
* 1 2/3 cups sugar
* 2 (227 grams) blocks cream cheese, softened
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ½ cup sour cream
* ½ cup heavy cream
* 3 tbsp all purpose flour
* 3 large eggs
* ½ cup (60 to 70 per cent) dark chocolate
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 10-inch springform pan with butter.
2) Make the crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter in a bowl. Press onto the bottom of prepared springform pan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 8 minutes. Let crust cool.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream sugar and cream cheese for 3 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the sides and mix again for 1 minute.
4) Add vanilla extract and sour cream; mix for 1 minute. Add heavy cream; mix for 1 minute. Fold in flour using a rubber spatula.
5) Crack an egg into a small bowl and whisk. Add to cream-cheese mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated. Repeat with remaining eggs. Let batter rest for 5 minutes then pour over crust.
6) Pour melted chocolate on top of batter in a swirling motion. Use a barbecue stick to make swirls. Wrap bottom and sides of pan with foil.
7) Place springform pan inside a large baking pan. Pour in warm water until water reaches halfway up the sides of a springform pan. Bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cake comes out slightly wet with crumbs.
8) Remove pan from oven. Let cheesecake cool in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before unmolding.