* vegetable oil, for frying
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 2 tsp chili powder
* salt (to season)
* ½ cup cornstarch
*4 tsp baking powder
*1 tsp ground pepper
* 12 strips thick cut bacon, sliced into 3-inch lengths
1) Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
2) Combine brown sugar, chili powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3) Combine cornstarch, baking powder and ground pepper in a bowl. Lightly dredge bacon in mixture until completely coated.
4) Fry bacon until crisp and golden, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Make sure bacon strips are completely submerged in oil but remain flat on the pan. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
5) Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Serve immediately.