Fried Chicken with Cream Sauce
* 500 grams skinless chicken breast fillets
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 3 to 4 tbsp canola oil
* 4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
* 2 tbsp white onions, chopped
* 1/8 cup white wine
* 2 200-mL packs heavy cream
* 1/8 cup tarragon leaves
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
* lemon juice (to taste)
* 250 grams asparagus, ends removed
1) Pat dry chicken with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Heat canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Fry chicken for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
2) Discard excess oil. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil; sauté onions. Add white wine; simmer until reduced by half. Add cream and tarragon; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; then add 1 tablespoon butter and lemon juice, as desired. Add chicken; simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
3) Heat remaining olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté asparagus for 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken.