Baked Ziti with Braised Beef
*3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing
* ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
* 1/3 cup white onions, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup beer braised beef, shredded
* 1 400-gram can crushed tomatoes
* 2 tbsp all purpose cream
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 350 grams ziti or penne noodles, cooked according to package directions
* ¼ cup Japanese or coarse breadcrumbs
* ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Brush a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil. Set aside.
2) Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add red pepper flakes; cook for 10 seconds. Add onions; sauté until translucent. Add garlic; cook until fragrant. Add shredded beef; mix well. Add crushed tomatoes. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 to 15 minutes. Add cream, stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Combine sauce and noodles in a large bowl; mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top evenly with breadcrumbs and cheese.
4) Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs are golden brown.