Grilled Pork Skewers
* 1 4-inch stalk lemongrass, plus 8 stalks
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 4 pieces coriander root
* 2 stalks green onions
* 500 grams round pork
* 1 ½ tbsp sugar
* 2 tbsp fish sauce
* ¼ tsp black pepper
* vegetable oil (for brushing)
* sweet chili sauce (to serve)
1) Pound (or whiz) together sliced lemongrass, garlic, coriander root and green onions until a paste forms using a mortar pestle (or food processor).
2) Mix together lemongrass and ground pork in a large bowl. Add sugar, fish sauce and black pepper.
3) Divide mixture into 8 portions; form each into a ball using your hands. (Note: Moisten your hands to prevent meat from sticking.)
4) Insert a lemongrass stalk halfway into each meatball. Mold meat around lemongrass stalk to form logs. Brush with oil.
5) Pre-heat a charcoal grill or grill pan. Grill skewers for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with sweet chili sauce.