Roast Tamarind Chicken
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 3 stalks lemongrass (tanglad)
* 5 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 kilo chicken leg quarters
* 1 22-gram pack original sinigang sa sampalok mix (use Knorr)
1) Combine soy sauce, lemongrass and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken leg quarters and marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2) Pre-heat a turbo broiler to 375˚F.
3) Rub sinigang powder all over chicken, making sure to cover all sides and under the skin.
4) Roast chicken, skin side up, in the turbo broiler for 30 minutes. Flip chicken and cook for 15 minutes more. Serve immediately.