Bacon Wrapped Cod
* 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
* 500 grams cod steaks, each sliced into 3 to 4 inch fillets
* salt and pepper
* 300 grams bacon strips
* 1/8 cup blue cheese
* ¼ cup butter
* 400 grams asparagus spears
* lemon slices (to serve)
1) Pre-heat oven to 400˚F. Grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2) Pat dry fish fillets with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Wrap each fish fillet with bacon. Arrange on the baking dish. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until fish is cooked and bacon is slightly crisp.
4) Meanwhile, combine blue cheese and butter in a saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until melted. Set aside and keep warm.
5) Heat remaining olive oil in a pan. Pan fry asparagus for 40 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Transfer fish and asparagus to a platter. Serve with blue-cheese butter and lemon slices.