Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
* 1 cup butter, cubed and chilled
* 1/3 cup sugar
* 1 2/3 cups dark brown sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 ½ cup all purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 ½ cups good quality bittersweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup walnuts, chopped roughly
1) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on low speed until mixture is crumbly with pea-sized chunks, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2) Add eggs one at a time, mixing until well blended, then add vanilla extract.
3) Combine all purpose flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl; mix to combine.
4) Gradually add flour mixture to the batter and mix. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
5) Place dough in an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
6) Pre-heat oven to 375˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Remove dough from the refrigerator and allow to thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
7) Using a 2-ounce scooper or ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart (Note: You should have 6 cookies per baking sheet.)
8) Bake for 9 to 12 minutes in the pre-heated oven or until edges are slightly golden and centers are lightly soft. Let cool on pans for about 5 minutes before serving.
9) Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for about 4 days.