Sinigang na Baboy sa Bayabas
* 2-3 cups water
* 1 kilo pork ribs or pork cubes, chopped to serving pieces
* 2 pcs tomatoes, quartered
* ½ kilo guava, quartered
* 2 pcs small red onions, sliced
* 3 pcs gabi (taro root), peeled and quartered
* 1 pc labanos (radish), quartered
* salt and pepper (to taste)
* 2 cups sitaw (string beans), sliced into 1 ½-inch pieces
* 5 pcs okra, sliced
* 2 small eggplants, sliced diagonally
* 1 bunch kangkong, removed from stems
* 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
1) In a medium-sized stainless pot, boil 2 to 3 cups water. Water should slightly be more than enough to cover the meat.
2) While the water is boiling, put the pork ribs one by one until every piece of meat is in the pot. Add the tomatoes and guava and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat is tender.
3) Add the onions, gabi, labanos, salt and pepper then cook for another 8 minutes.
4) Then add the sitaw, okra and eggplants and simmer for another 6 minutes. Add in the kangkong and fish sauce, then let simmer for 5 minutes more. Serve hot.