* 1 kilo ground beef
* 1 small jicama (singkamas), minced
* 1 medium carrot, minced
* 2 tbsp green onions, minced
* 1 extra large egg
* 5 tbsp sesame oil, plus more to brush
* 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
* 1 tsp salt
* 50 large wonton or siomai wrappers or 100 small ones.
1) Combine all ingredients except for wrappers in a bowl. Mix well.
2) Lay wrappers on a clean surface. Place ½ to 1 tablespoon filling on the center of each wrapper.
3) Gather the edges towards the center to seal. Gently fold the sides, leaving the top exposed. Press each fold lightly.
4) Bring water in a steamer to boil. Brush steamer basket with oil. Place siomai in the steamer basket and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.