* 250 g linguine
* 3-4 tbsp olive oil
* 6 cloves garlic, sliced
* 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
* chili flakes, to taste (optional)
* sea salt (to taste)
* 1 cup basil leaves, packed, plus extra for garnish
* parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1) Cook linguine according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta and set aside.
2) Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
3) Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add pine nuts and chili flakes, if using. Season with sea salt.
4) Add linguine to the pan and toss. Add basil and toss until leaves are wilted but still green.
5) Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Toss and add pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to loosen the mixture.
6) Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle extra parmesan cheese on top. Serve immediately.