Salmon Belly Sinigang
*500 grams salmon belly
* 2 tbsp vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
* 2 tbsp ginger, julienned
* 1/3 cup red onion, sliced into wedges
* 3 small tomatoes, sliced into wedges
* 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
* 1 L water
* ½ cup gabi (taro), peeled
* 2 pcs green chili fingers (siling pang sigang)
* 1 20-gram pack sinigang mix
* ½ cup radish, sliced
* 1 bunch okra, trimmed
* 1 cup string beans (sitaw), sliced
* ½ cup eggplant, sliced
* 1 bunch kangkong, leaves only
*salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and sauté garlic, ginger, onions, tomatoes and fish sauce.
2) Add water and gabi and allow to simmer for 6 to 8 minutes. Add green chilies and salmon belly. Add more water, if necessary, then bring to a boil. Add sinigang mix and radish and mix well.
3) Bring back to a boil, then add okra, sitaw and eggplant. Simmer further for about 3 minutes, and once salmon is cooked, add kangkong and cover the pot and let cook for another 1-2 minutes. Season to taste and serve while hot.