Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Flaky Sea Salt
* 1 ½ cup (90 grams) all purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¾ cup butter
* ¾ cup (150 grams) brown sugar
* 1/8 cup (80 grams) white sugar
* 2 large eggs
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 100 grams bittersweet chocolate, chopped into cubes
* 100 grams white chocolate, chopped into cubes
* ½ tbsp flaky sea salt
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
2) Whisk together flour, baking soda and ¼ teaspoon salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar on medium speed for 1 ½ minutes.
4) Add eggs, one at a time, beating thirty seconds after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
5) Turn speed to low and slowly add dry ingredients in three additions.
6) Using a rubber spatula, manually fold in the chocolate cubes into the batter. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the batter for at least an hour.
7) Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (or scoop out batter by using a 1.5 ounce ice cream scooper) and place on the lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each ball.
8) Bake for 8 minutes in the pre-heated oven. Take out the baking sheet and sprinkle sea salt on top. Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
9) Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.