* 1 cup unsalted butter
* 1 ½ cup brown sugar
* ½ tsp salt
* 1 ¼ cup natural cocoa powder
* 1 tsp instant coffee, granules (optional)
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 4 large eggs
* 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking powder
* ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* ½ cup pecans , roughly chopped
* ¼ cup store-bought caramel sauce
*sea salt and chocolate chips (for topping)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan well.
2) In a large sauce pan over medium high-heat, melt unsalted butter. Stir in brown sugar and salt; cook until sugar has melted. Remove from heat. Stir in natural cocoa powder, instant coffee granules, salt and vanilla extract; set aside until just warm. Whisk in eggs, one at a time; beat until smooth.
3) Whisk together all-purpose flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Add in egg mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan, evening out with a spatula. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and whole pecans. Drizzle with store-bought caramel sauce.
4) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Remove from oven and place on a rack. Before it cools, sprinkle with sea salt and more chocolate chips. Drizzle with more store-bought caramel sauce. Cool completely then chill. Cut into 24 squares.