Chocolate Bread Pudding
* 1 ¼ cups fresh milk
* 2 medium eggs, beaten
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 tbsp butter, melted
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
* 6 slices old day white or whole wheat bread, crust trimmed into rounds using a large cookie cutter
* ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 4 pcs of 10 grams chocolate peanut candy or choc nut, chopped coarsely
1) Pre-heat oven to 350˚F
2) Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, salt and cinnamon (if using) in a medium bowl. Transfer to a container with spout to make pouring easier.
3) Place a piece of bread each at the bottom of 2 (8 oz.) ramekins. Top with some chocolate chips and Choc Nut pieces. Repeat to make a total of 3 layers in each ramekin.
4) Pour milk mixture into ramekins. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.