Spicy Cheese Sticks
* 4 pieces siling labuyo, seeds removed, finely chopped or to taste
* 1 piece block cheese (175 grams, grated)
* 6 tbsp powdered milk
* ¼ tsp cracked black pepper –to taste
* 24 pcs square molo wrappers, kept frozen until needed
* oil—for deep frying
* 2 pcs red peppers, seeded and chopped
* 1 tbsp water
* ½ cup mayonnaise
* ¾ tsp salt
* 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1) Make the dip: place 2 red peppers (seeded, chopped) and 1 tablespoon water in a blender and puree before mixing into ½ cup mayonnaise. Season with ¾ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper , or to taste. Keep chilled until ready to use.
2) Meanwhile, blend siling labuyo, cheese, powdered milk and black pepper together until a sticky dough-like mixture forms. Place a molo wrapper on a cutting board. Roll a heaping teaspoon into a 2-inch long log and place in the center of a wrapper. Fold wrapper over the cheese and then fold the sides to close. Dampen the wrapper’s far edge and seal closed. Repeat with the remaining cheese.
3) To serve, heat oil for deep frying, and quickly deep fry sticks until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with red pepper dip
*You can do steps 1 and 2 in advance and freeze until ready to serve