Stew (meat served in crock pots with vegetables)
* 400 grams tenderloin of beef or venison
* 1.5 tbsp butter
* yellow onion
* 1-2 carrots
* ½ cup sour cream
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 cup beef broth
* 60 grams rye breadcrumbs
*pepper, salt, bay leaves – to taste
* 300 grams puff pastry
1) Cut the meat into pieces that each weigh 50-60 grams. Tenderize the meat with a wooden hammer, salt it, place it in a bowl and let it stand covered for 20-30 minutes. Chop the onion and fry it. Pour the melted butter into the ceramic crock pots. Add the bay leaf, pepper and meat. Slice the vegetables and place them in the pot with the meat. Pour in the broth, add salt, and sprinkle with chopped fried onion and breadcrumbs. Place the crock pots in a pre-heated oven. Stew for 60 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Add the sour cream and mashed garlic 35-40 minutes into the stewing process. Roll out pastry puff and cut it into squares that are 10*10 cm in size.
3) Cover the pots with the pastry like a napkin. Brush the pastry with egg yolk and place the covered crock pot in the oven for the last 15-20 minutes.
4) Serve the dish in the crock pot with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and lettuce.