* ¼ cup olive oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 carrots, diced
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 cups dried lentils
* 8 cups water
* 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
* ½ cup spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
* 2 tbsp vinegar
* salt to taste
1) Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2) Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook until onion is tender.
3) Stir in garlic, oregano, bay leaf, basil and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Stir in lentils, then add water and chopped tomatoes.
5) Bring to boil. Reduce heat.