Roasted Sardines with Red Tomatoes
* 500 grams cherry tomatoes
* 1 pc fennel
* 1 head lettuce
* 40 mL olive oil
* 5 grams ground black pepper
* 5 grams sea salt
* 5 slices whole grain bread
* 12 small sardines
1) Wash and gut the sardines. Turn the fish over skin-up, press them from top to bottom with the flat of a knife and remove the spines, keeping the tails, then add salt and pepper.
2) In a large, deep baking tray, pour 1 tbsp of olive oil, then put the fish in backside-up. Grate the lemon over a fine grater.
3) Chop the fennel into very thin strips and chop the herbs very finely. Sprinkle the sardines with fennel, place tomatoes with stems on top, spritz everything with remaining olive oil, and add salt and pepper.
4) Put the baking tray on the grill 5 to 7 minutes. Put the baked sardines on the bread and serve with baked tomatoes and lettuce leaves.