Pie with Jarlsberg Cheese and Norwegian Herring in Sherry
For the pie
* 200 grams short crust pastry
* 200 grams grated Jarlsberg cheese
* 100 mL fat-free sour cream
For the herring in sherry
* 250 grams herring fillet
* 1 tsp ketchup
* 1 tsp red wine vinegar
* 1 tsp half-dry sherry (oloroso)
* 1 tsp vegetable oil (rapeseed)
1) Knead the dough and place it in a round baking tin. Chop the leeks into small pieces and brown them slightly in butter for five minutes.
2) Mix the egg and sour cream, then add salt and pepper. Add the roasted leeks and ground cheese.
3) Put the egg and cheese mixture in the pie. Bake on an oven rack for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. For the herring in sherry, mix all ingredients (other than herring and vegetable oil) then slowly add the vegetable oil to the marinade, mixing steadily as you go.
4) Chop the herring fillet into 2 cm pieces and let it marinade for one day.
5) Serve with chopped celery and pie.