Scallops in Lime Jelly
* 12 large scallops
* 1 pinch cayenne pepper, paprika
* salt, ground black pepper – to taste
* 1 – ½ tbsp olive oil
* 5 limes
* 12 grams gelatin
* 120 mL water
* 1-1/2 lime
1) Defrost scallop quickly, wash well and dry. For jelly, squeeze lime juice, strain and add sugar.
2) Mix gelatin in cold water, let sit for 20 minutes and heat on low heat, stirring with a whisk and not allowing to boil, until gelatin dissolves. Combine with lime juice and stir. Stir cooling jelly from time to time while the scallops are cooling.
3) Mix paprika and cayenne pepper in oil in a pan, heat on medium heat. Fry scallops for 2 minutes on each side. Add salt and pepper, lay out on paper towels 2-3 layers thick to cool and dry. Put one scallop at a time into a mold, cover with jelly and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
4) Make the sauce. Wash and dry lime, grate some zest and squeeze the juice. Mix softened butter with the juice. Add salt, pepper, zest and saffron (substitute with curry or turmeric if there is none). In a double boiler, whisk the sauce for about 3 minutes, then let it cool.
5) Before serving, turn the set jelly over on a plate. Cover with sauce. Decorate jellied scallops with herbs and lime slices.