Roasted Double Stuffed Turkey
* Turkey with liver
* 150 grams butter
* 5 eggs
* 75 kgs seedless raisins
* 2 tbsp stuffed turkey
* pepper, nutmeg, cloves and salt to taste
* 100 grams fresh fatback
* 400 grams roasted veal
* crusty bread
* 1 tbsp minced capers
1) Two hours before cooking, season the turkey with salt and sprinkle it with lemon juice.
2) Stuffing for dewlap: mash the minced turkey liver with a full tablespoon of butter and the raw yolk of two eggs, then add raisins, bread crumbs, pepper, nutmeg, crushed cloves and salt to the mixture.
3) Carefully combine the mixture with well-whipped froth of two egg whites and fill the bird’s dewlap with it. Sew it up.
4) Stuffing for turkey: dice the onion and stew it in 30 grams of oil. Cut the bacon into small cubes.
5) Soak the bread in milk and squeeze it thoroughly. Cut the veal into cubes. Beat three whole eggs, 100 grams of melted butter, pepper and salt (and maybe a pinch of nutmeg) to taste. Stir everything. Stuff the turkey. Put the bird in a deep roasting pan. Pour a generous amount of oil over it, and roast in the oven for 170-180 degrees Celsius for 3-3 ½ hours. If the chest cavity turns brown too quickly, cover it with foil.
6) Put the cooked turkey on a dish and surround it with cut pieces of stuffing. Before serving the meat, spritz it with the juice from the roasting pan and reserve the remaining juice in a gravy boat. You can also serve cranberry sauce on the side, which goes perfectly with both the turkey and the stuffing.