Partanbree Scottish Crab Soup
*medium-sized boiled crab
*90 grams long grain rice
* 600 mL milk
* 600 mL fish broth
* 1 tbsp anchovy extract or paste
* 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
* 1 tbsp parsley or thyme
*3-4 tbsp sour cream (if desired)
* salt and pepper
1) Separate the white and brown crab meat, then crack the claws, remove the meat, chop it and put it aside.
2) Put the rice and milk in a pot and bring it to a boil. Cover and boil for about 20 minutes. Add the white and brown crab meat and season it to taste, then boil it for another five minutes. Slightly cool and strain it through a sieve or run it through a food processor until it becomes homogeneous.
3) Pour the soup in a clean pot and add the fish broth and the claw meat set aside earlier. Bring it to a boil, then add anchovy extract and lemon juice.
4) Cook it for another 2 minutes. Before serving, add thyme or parsley and a spoonful of sour cream.